Monday 2 April 2012

Q7 Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt from the progression of it to the full product?



During the production of my preliminary task, I was definitely less comfortable as I was unsure of how to layout the pages and how to present it. My lack of knowledge and non frequent use of Photoshop also made me weary of creating a magazine. I felt that doing a preliminary task really helped me ease into the project rather than just jumping in at the deep end.

One thing I have learnt is the importance of taking a variety of Images so I have plently of back up images and that I have a very wide range of photos to choose from. For my preliminary take I only took a small hand full of photos, where as for my real magazine, I took a lot more photos.

I also found that planning out things such as layout and what my sell lines are going to be really help with producing my magazine smoothly. For both magazines, I drew sketches for each page, mind mapped different sell lines and decided what colour scheme would fit best.

When I made my preliminary task, I had some mental blocks as to what to include and what I wanted it to look like, but with the main magazine, I found that my similar product research and analysis helped a great deal and the amount of mental blocks decreased significantly.

My skills in certain software’s such as Photoshop and Sony Vegas certainly increased over time. My fluency and skills in removing backgrounds and editing photos definitely increased. This was useful as there were some accounts in which I had to move my models closer together, change their size, and mix and match models between different images.

The difference in available time to complete it was also a major factor in the quality of my work. I found that when I had more time, I could pace myself with each task and not have to rush it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment