Monday 2 April 2012

Q6 What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?





Transcript
The main piece of technology that I have managed to gain more experience and knowledge in is definitely Adobe Photoshop. I found Photoshop to be an incredibly useful, professional and appropriate piece of software to make the magazine.  When I started the project, I remembered little about Photoshop, so I had to re-visit some tutorials on fronter in order to recap.  As I progressed through making my magazine, I began to use more effects and use tools to more of their potential. I also became swifter in my navigation of Photoshop, especially when simply resizing an image and cutting an image out of its background. In order to make my masthead unique, I searched the internet for various tutorials on editing text; I played around with various effects which helped me gain a greater understanding and knowledge of Photoshop.

One big advantage was having the ability to moderate some images. In some of my images, my models were too far apart or one of them wasn't posing accordingly with he others, however, with Photoshop, I was able to cut out individual people, move them closer together and even mix and match with other photos. This really helped with getting just the right look for my full band images. For the photo shoot I used a Canon 550D DSLR. 


To display all of my work, I used blogger, a site where you can upload things to the internet. I had never used blogger before so I had to get used to it at first, but I can now use it very fluently and easily. The website also allowed me to keep all my work organised. This was done through the use of labels and separate pages on the blog. The website also allowed my peers and teachers to view my work at any time and to access it easily, I was also able to view my peers work.

Over the course of the project, I got faster at some aspects of Photoshop. These include cutting out photos, adding certain effects such as drop shadow and stroke to images and texts and setting out the layout of the page. Having Photoshop was really helpful, as it is quick and moderately easy to use for the most part. One big advantage was having the ability to moderate some images.

I also used video software such as Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere. I used these programs to render out videos of my magazines growth. I also put voice over’s on some of my videos. To do this I used Audacity capture the audio and a Turtle Beach X11 headset for the mic.

To do screen captures, I used Camtasia studios. I initially found it a bit difficult to operate, but after watching a short tutorial by the manufacturers I found it very simple to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment