Monday 2 April 2012

Q4 Who would be your audience for your Music Magazine?


My target audience will be in the age group of 15 – 30 years old. I have chosen this particular age group because people of these ages tend to be the most passionate group about music and bands; this age group are also more likely to be in a band which makes them further interested in my MM. My audience will mainly be aimed at middle and working class as the type of linguistics used in my magazine will not be an incredibly high class way of writing but will be written in a well educated way.

The target gender will be both boys and girls and therefore will be more gender neutral; this is because the specific genre of my magazine doesn’t just appeal to just one gender. My target audience is people who live for music and are passionate about it. They would never leave their house without their ipod and would feel lost if they did. They would most likely play an instrument as well and would also spend a large amount of their time going to gigs.

They would typically wear dark clothes, jeans (skinny and baggy), metal accessories and band merchandise. They would also typically have long hair and live the rock and roll life style of partying all night, getting drunk and doing whatever they feel like. They won’t think of music just as music but will think of it as more of a life style. Tattoos will also be a very common trend amongst my target audience; these could be full sleeves, neck tattoos or just small simple designs. They will often use tattooing their body as a way of showing their love for music and specific bands. This will also mean that my audience is quite creative and sees themselves as individuals who are proud of who and what they are.

My average reader will spend most of their spare time goings to gigs, seeing local shows and bands, hanging out with friends, listening to music and in some cases playing instruments. The majority of my audience will still be doing some form of education, e.g. Sixth form and University. So my audience will also spend a large amount of time doing school work.     

No comments:

Post a Comment